Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Hatemail..

Photos by Erika

Blazer & tattered jeans = Thrifted
Shirt = Divisoria
Flats = Parisian
Canvas Bag = Forever 21


A couple of years back, I received an anonymous mail. Ok, a "hatemail" to be blunt. It voiced out how he/she/it/they dreaded me as a person entirely, poking the right spots with such accuracy & precision. They despised the way I look - how ridiculously skinny I am (or was), how disgusted they were of my tattoos. They hated the way I speak, that they cannot contain sneering whenever they heard me. They mocked my thrifting habits, and taunted the way I dress.

I was enraged initially, of course. I wanted to scream - at whoever it was' face. I wanted oh-so-badly to lash out. My heart twitched, I almost let out a cry. I kept on wondering what was it that I did wrong? Is my fashion sense really THAT kind of bazonkers? Was stepping out of my (fashion) comfort zone another decision gone bad? I was wringing my brain for answers. It got to me big time that I was thisclose to un-believing myself. I was offended, outraged even. I had to fight off the strong urge to type a 3-page response to whoever it was, because it seemed like the most logical thing to do at the time..

But I didn't. 

I chose mature instead of logical.

I chose to re-believe in me instead of logical.

And simply because of the realization that ITJUST. WASN'T. WORTHIT. :)

15 comments:

  1. well, welcome to the world wide web.it's like one of the initiation rites of being an social network user/ blogger. I remember the time I did receive a hate mail when I was still in Tumblr, it was from an anonymous. I really felt bad and want to erase my account however inspite of the rude remarks on the message I just think of it that you can't please everyone but what matters most is the people who believe in who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, let it go...and you chose to be mature, that's right girl. I think it's jealousy that puts her to sent a hatemail, what more can a hatemail did to you?....a lesson in life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry that you received that dreadful mail..Some people who have no love in their lives will always want to put others down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is not alright to be hated because of who you are. I would too feel bad if I received the mail. But you know what? People are people. Sometimes, they point out what's wrong about you (even if there is none) just so they can feel good about themselves. But at the end of the day, they will still be miserable and envious. So chillax. Believe in and love yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let the haters hate and as long as you are doing the right thing, don't mind them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't received hatemail yet but I've had blog posts directed at me. Sucks. Especially if it pokes all the right buttons, hits the right nerves. I just accepted that I will never be a people pleaser. Good job on choosing mature. It's hard. But that was a winning moment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your fashion statement Kai! Nice decision that you just chose to ignore the hatemail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheer up! Those people spend the time to write maybe because they are insecure. Your beautiful PERIOD :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for all your heart warming comments, guys! I've learned the hard way, but yeah, if it's not gonna make you look any good, you just have to not care at all. Cheers to us :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good job on being the bigger person. Stay fab and see you around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There really are times when you feel tired of being the bigger person & just succumb to petty catfights & all of that. But when your senses come to you, you're just gonna shrug your shoulders & laugh it off. Thank you! See you around, too! XXX

      Delete
  11. they're just jealous because your fabulous and doing a great job. love your outfit girl :) i love thrifted stuff ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the love! Hooray for another thrift lover! XXX

      Delete
  12. One brave soul right there. I love it! :-) Keep it up girl..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Becca! Just found out you left West na pala. :( See you around, love. XXX

      Delete